Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
ELTA North America (ELTA NA)*is a global leader in the design, manufacture and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA has received widespread recognition for its exceptional workplace culture, including the Top Workplaces Award from the Baltimore Sun. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Contract Administrator.*
This position is responsible for the generation, review, negotiation, management oversight, and closure of new and existing government contracts, ensuring they conform to company policy and all applicable laws and regulations. This position assists Business Development, Program Management, and Executive Leadership in resolving challenges such as questions regarding risk, profit, and customer expectations. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining contract information within the company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, negotiates, and administers government and commercial customer contracts.
- Ensures proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications.
- Communicates with government contracting officers and prime contractor contracts POC.
- Champions contract policy and procedure revisions and process improvement.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS, agency supplements and Public Laws and communicate relevant changes and updates to staff and management.
- Ensures efficient, effective and complaint performance during the entire contract lifecycle including interpretations of contractual requirements, risk mitigation and management, change management and conflict resolution.
- Provides guidance to project/program managers to ensure contractual compliance.
- Provides support to executives by providing review of government solicitations to analyze protocols and resources needed to comply with proposed obligations.
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate information, records, and documentation related to government contracts.
- Participates in proposal preparation, review and bid/no bid analysis
- Reviews, interprets and recommends acceptance, revisions and exceptions to contracts and contract modifications to ensure that prices, delivery schedule, specifications and terms and conditions are consistent with those proposed.
- Reviews and negotiates non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), teaming agreements (TAs) and subcontract agreements for customers
- Responsible for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Responsible of maintaining SAM registration, SAM certifications and CPARs ratings.
- Responsible for project setup in DELTEK Costpoint accounting system.
- Assist with DCAA/DCMA audits.
- Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain secret clearance.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a related field is required. Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in the area of government contract administration to include hands-on negotiation and contract administration skills. Experience in administration of Federal Supply Schedule contracts, IFF administration, audit support, maintenance of ORCA certification and registration in SAM is preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge of FAR/DFAR, agency supplements and other related government regulations and Laws, in-depth knowledge of and experience with all contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPAF, T&M, FP LOE, etc.), and experience in both prime contractor and subcontractor environments.
- Experience with foreign companies/entities is desirable.
- The successful candidate should have an understanding of Organizational Conflict of Interest (OCI) issues and the ability to understand and communicate how terms and conditions affect pricing, schedules and company risk.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers are required.
- CPCM or CFCM certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and experience with Project Set-up and system maintenance in DELTEK Costpoint is preferred.
- Travel: Domestic and International 5-10%
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.