Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
ELTA North America (ELTA NA) is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA has received widespread recognition for its exceptional workplace culture, including the Top Workplaces Award from the Baltimore Sun. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Engineering Director.
This position plans, directs, and coordinates all Engineering activities of the Company to include design, process, develop, produce, improve, and test components, products, systems, and services, while achieving optimum use of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities. This position leads a team of engineering functions, to include mechanical, electrical, software, and systems engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops systems that require knowledge of schematic design, product design, electrical architectural models and prototype testing.
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Analyzes customer requirements to recommend technical solutions.
- Provides technical advice and support to Business Development activities.
- Plans and establishes engineering schedules, and follows up performance against estimates.
- Thinks outside the box to implement innovative and effective solutions.
- Adapts quickly to obstacles and changing demands.
- Evaluates systems and make recommendations for improvements and solutions.
- Talks with customers and understand their needs, communicating the requirements and timelines for their system plans.
- Works with a team to ensure projects are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Liaises with vendors for hardware/software identification and problem resolution.
- Supports and maintains operational systems.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related subject.
- 5-10 years minimum of Engineering experience, and at least 5 years of Engineering Management experience, preferably in the Defense industry.
- Experience managing/supporting projects that include interdisciplinary teams, understanding of other engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical and computer engineering.
- Radar Systems Engineering and Configuration Management experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of data structures and the ability to analyze data to solve problems.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills that strike a balance among validation/verification, requirements analysis, customer interaction, and project oversight.
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain a secret clearance.