Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
ELTA North America (ELTA NA) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Radar Systems Engineer.
ELTA NA’s mission is to bring Israeli radar systems to the US DoD market and adapt it to the American requirements. The Radar Systems Engineer will work with the Business Development team and with the program management team to select the optimal systems for each application, assist in requirements analysis and proposals preparations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a System Engineering team and environment
- Work with Business Development team to analyze US customer requirements and select optimized systems, and assist in technical proposals preparation.
- Work with Program Management team to define requirements for products design and prepare requirement specifications for internal development efforts
- Attend meetings with customers to understand requirements.
- Prepare changes plan to modify existing systems to answer the customer’s needs.
- Current active DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electro-Optics Engineering, Physics or Mathematics – Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with ground surveillance, air surveillance, airborne SAR/GMTI, and pulse Doppler and FMCW radar signal processing.
- Experience with various EO/IR sensors both in commercial and defense applications.
- High proficiency in MATLAB analysis environment and tools.
- Familiarity with reflector, passive and active electronically scanned array radar technology, Experience designing an AESA system – preferred.
- Experience working in a team environment in one or more of the following areas: analysis, system architecture, requirements development, design, modeling and simulation, integration and test.
- Strong understanding of radars and/or physics-based phenomena affecting radar or communications systems.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain secret clearance.