Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
ELTA North America (ELTA NA) is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA has received widespread recognition for its exceptional workplace culture, including the Top Workplaces Award from the Baltimore Sun. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Compliance Officer.
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://eltanorthamerica.gethired.com/
The Compliance Officer will provide strategic leadership for the trade compliance program. This role will report to senior management on compliance program status. The Compliance Officer will manage all trade compliance matters, provide oversight on all company activities that relate to any controlled equipment or technology, work closely with business units to ensure internal controls are met, and provide training tailored to the level of interaction with export regulations. The Compliance Officer will identify risk areas and implement or improve policies and training to ensure robust compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the business on all aspects of ITAR and EAR export licensing policies, regulations, guidelines, and practices.
- Apprise the business of changes in regulations and the potential impact on the business.
- Guide and assist the business with licensing strategy, planning and execution.
- Serve as The Empowered Official under 22 CFR 120.25.
- Submit and track export license and agreement applications and other submissions (general correspondence, advisory opinions, commodity jurisdiction requests, etc.) to the appropriate U. S. Government agencies using D-Trade and SNAP-R.
- Manage communications to/from DDTC and BIS with respect to prospective, pending, or existing export licenses and other authorizations.
- Download approved licenses and discuss Provisos/Conditions with the appropriate business stakeholder.
- Create a Compliance Plan for each license and obtain signatures confirming stakeholder responsibility to manage the license.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR 730-774) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR 120-130) particularly Categories XI and XII.
- Track and decrement all temporary repair/replacement exports/imports.
- Update all licensing logs.
- Screen all third parties to include suppliers, vendors, consignees and freight forwarders against all denied parties lists using Visual Compliance.
- Ensure adherence to all ITAR and EAR recordkeeping requirements.
- Conduct regular internal audits relative to all current authorizations to ensure coverage.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with licensing officers at the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) and Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).
- Support ELTA North America enterprise initiatives to execute, sustain and enhance the company’s International Trade Compliance program.
- Participate in cross-functional teams on development, implementation and maintenance of ELTA North America ITC requirements, policies, procedures and standard work, with a focus on export compliance.
- Participate in planning, organizing and delivering ELTA North America ITC training initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience
- The incumbent in this position must have a minimum of 7-10 years of export licensing and compliance experience in private industry or at a government agency
- Expert knowledge of U. S. export control regulations and export licensing policies and practices, with focus on defense trade controls under the ITAR and military/dual-use controls under the EAR
- Full understanding of U. S. government agencies responsibilities in the export licensing review process and their interrelationships
- Strong organizational, project planning, and work management skills with a process efficiency orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management at all levels and with U. S. government officials
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and ability to work proactively across groups and functions
- Proficiency in IT applications, with knowledge of D-Trade and SNAP-R
- Must qualify as Empowered Official according to 22 CFR 120.25.
- Travel: 10 to 20% domestic and international.
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain a secret clearance.