Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
ELTA North America (ELTA NA )* is a global leader in the design, manufacture and support of innovative electronic systems for the United States government. ELTA NA is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Electronic Hardware Engineer.*
The R&D team is small and agile and requires a combination of multiple disciplines, sometimes in a single person. The Electronic Hardware Engineer will provide from his expertise to the R&D team by integrating sensors and computers together, designing products (both at system level and at board level), support business development activities in advanced concept design and in technical support for proposals and contribute to other departments when required.
ELTA – NA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Candidates must document US citizenship as required to obtain secret clearance.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design systems from component selection to electrical design and prototype testing
- Create hardware design solutions such as cables, wiring, digital hardware and firmware design, microprocessor-based board level design, motherboard design, digital signal processing, and real time embedded multiprocessor design.
- Research, develop, design, and test RF and digital components, equipment, and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
- Write functional specifications, requirements specification and test procedures.
- Manage all schematic entry.
- Assist in PCB Assembly process, oversee assembly line and assist in debugging malfunctioning hardware.
- Revise engineering documents by incorporating ECNs, according to Configuration Management standards
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in electronic hardware design.
- Experience with system level tests and integration.
- Experience with RF design and RF test equipment (VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.)
- Experience with RT Embedded Design (PC-104, COMe, etc.)
- Experience with electronic production processes (SMT, Wiring, etc.)
- Experience with implementation of communication protocol (SPI, I2C, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Experience with FPGA design using VHDL, experience with Altera products a plus.
- Travel: 10% to 20% required; domestic and international.
At ELTA North America, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays